SNPhA (Student National Pharmaceutical Association) is an education and service association of pharmacy students who are concerned about pharmacy and healthcare related issues as well as the poor minority representation in pharmacy and other health sciences-related professions.
The purpose of SNPhA is to plan, organize, coordinate and execute programs geared toward the improvement of health, educational, and social environments of the community.
- To offer student members the opportunity to develop leadership and professional skills.
- To educate students about and promote active participation in national health care issues.
- To develop the role of the minority health professionals as a vital member of the healthcare team.
- To develop within communities a positive image of minority health professionals.
- To educate communities on better health practices.
- To increase awareness and understanding of different disease states in communities.