Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity, Inc. is the
oldest and largest professional pharmacy fraternity in the world.
Kappa Psi was founded on May 30, 1879 in New Haven, Connecticut, and currently there are 191 chapters (110 Collegiate and 81 Graduate chapters), more than six thousand collegiate
members, and over eighty-seven thousand graduate members across the United States, Canada, and the Bahamas.
The objectives of Kappa Psi include:
- To conduct a professional fraternal organization for the mutual benefit of its members;
- To develop industry, sobriety, and fellowship;
- To foster high ideals, scholarship, and pharmaceutical research;
- To support all projects which will advance the profession of pharmacy and to actively participate in them;
- To inspire in its members a deep and lasting pride in their Fraternity and in the profession of pharmacy;
- To render such other services to its members and its profession feasible and in accordance with the constitution and bylaws of the Fraternity.
Kappa Psi is an international, coed fraternity that is based on the four principles of industry, sobriety, fellowship, and high ideals, and we form an extensive international network of Brothers with similar goals and values. As the oldest and largest pharmacy fraternity, we take great pride in promoting our brotherhood and the profession of pharmacy by participating in many professional, philanthropic, social, and athletic activities.
Within the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, our brothers are leaders and members of virtually every organization, and our chapter has been recognized on many occasions by the University and also nationally for our efforts to advance the pharmacy profession. Our chapter gives back to the community through a number of philanthropic endeavors such as volunteering at Global Links and Family House and fundraising for the Red Cross, Relay for Life, and the Birmingham Free Clinic. We also host professional workshops and exciting social activities throughout the school year. Our strong bonds of friendship provide a support system where we can rely on each other to advance professionally while still having fun and creating lasting memories throughout pharmacy school. Through activities such as intramural sports, a weekend ski trip, holiday parties, volunteering, fundraising, and much more, we strive to maintain a close bond between our brothers, including alumni and professors.
Link to official website: https://www.kappapsi.org